Pages

Subscribe:

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Summer Garden Party Birthday Outfit


So I have been busy, busy lately with custom orders.  And while I love the fact that I have had so much business lately, I needed to take a little break and work on something for one of my own little ladies.

My sweet Matilda Jane's 1st birthday is in a month - she was born 7/8/09 (cool birthday, right?).  As it goes with the second child, Matilda doesn't get very many things that are just for her, so I had to make sure I really turned it up a notch for her special birthday outfit.  And I really think this might be one of my most favorite little creations ever!

So here is her little birthday outfit.  It is a cross back dress with bloomers and a little bonnet.  This dress is made from Heather Bailey's "Nicey Jane".  Can I just tell you for the 100th time how much I love this fabric line?  I L.O.V.E. it - fits my style to a tee!


I added an inset panel to my original design and added three lined ruffles toward the bottom.  I lined the inset with some light-weight interfacing to give it a little more body.  I trimmed the edge with green rick-rack and finished it with a little bow towards the top in coordinating fabric.


The bloomers have encased elastic in the legs and at the waist.  Both legs are trimmed with blue rick-rack.



The rear has two lined ruffles that run the entire length of her little back-side.  I just love that little tushy!



I made a bonnet to go with the birthday set.  I will be posting a tutorial for making the bonnet later today or tomorrow.  


I'm just so happy with how this little outfit turned out and I think my Matilda Jane likes it too!  I can't believe my baby girl is turning one next month, where did the time go?
Visit thecsiproject.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...