Pages

Subscribe:

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Apple, Ham and Cheese Dinner Cups


My mom (Grandma Jane) came to stay with us for a week after baby Cass was born.  Whenever she comes after I have a baby she brings tons of recipes and does major cooking.  She completely stocked our freezer with easy-to-prepare meals and little shortcuts (like already cooked shredded chicken) to make my life easier.

Well, while mom did tons of cooking while she was here, there were a couple recipes she never got around to making, so I decided to try my hand at this one after she left - Apple, Ham, and Cheese Dinner Cups.  Mom forgot the recipe, so I lucked out and found it in our kitchen after she left.  She had already bought all the ingredients, so it was super-easy for me to whip up!  I called them dinner "cupcakes" to entice my girls to give them a try.


Apple, Ham and Cheese Dinner Cups

Ingredients:
1 can Pillsbury Grands Jr. Golden Layers Biscuits (10 count)
1/3 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/4 cup apricot preserves
3/4 cup chopped ham
3/4 cup chopped apple
3/4 cup cheddar or jack cheese
2 tablespoons chopped green onions
Substitution: I used left over pork loin (cubed) instead of ham in mine, but chopped, cooked bacon would be delicious as well!

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Pull out your regular sized muffin pan and spray with cooking spray.  Open biscuit can and stretch out each biscuit to about 2.5"-3" wide.  Place biscuit into muffin tray, pressing it so it's like a little cup that you can use to put your filling inside.

Mix sour cream, mustard and preserves together in a bowl.  Once mixed, add your meat, apple, cheese and green onions.  Divide the mixture among the 10 muffin cups.  Bake for 22-25 minutes or until golden brown.  I suggest using the middle rack of your oven.  

Serve two per plate along with a nice side salad.



Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...