Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, November 7, 2011

An autumn weekend, friends, fun and finds!





Autumn rolls gently on here and we have just had another lovely weekend, which included the visit of a great blogging friend Tish Jett.    Tish was keen to do some early Christmas shopping that would include some brocante pieces so we decided to shop ensemble!



Of course planning a pre-dawn brocante raid is one thing:  when it comes to hauling yourself out of bed at 5.30 and you've only been between said sheets since 3 is a whole other issue ( one day I may learn not to have big dinners the night before a brocante fair),  and  Sunday saw me - yet again - trying to choose treasure through a post- party/late night fog ....  hmmm.

Once that fog lifted however, the pickings proved better than I had expected and I returned here laden with engravings, old silver pieces, picture frames, books and a load more. 



I was particularly pleased to find several of these early 19th century brulots or coffee cups.  I adore their shape and their weight!  They were manufactured in very thick and heavy porcelain to keep the coffee warm as long as possible.






Tish I am glad to say, found the longed for chandeliers!  Great buy Tish!

By the time we returned home our respective families were enjoying a late breakfast in front of the fire and had fun reviewing our finds.



I would love to show you a full loot shoot but I very stupidly managed to drop my camera so I'm temporarily out of visual action - GRRRRRRRRRRR!

I hope that you too had an enjoyable weekend, be it in
Northern Hemisphere autumn, or Southern Spring.
Thank you as always  for reading my blog.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...