Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, March 1, 2010

Honey-Dijon Pecan Crusted Salmon

I have been in such a "fishy" mood lately.  I found wild salmon on sale at the grocery store the other day and just had to buy it.  I think the fact that it is Lent right now has really gotten me in the fish mood.  At The Cottage Home Lent = no meat on Fridays, so I really started putting my mind to work coming up with some tasty "no meat" dinners.

I really wanted to try something new with the salmon I had bought at the store.  My husband and I have a grilled salmon recipe we LOVE, but that is more of a summertime dish, so I decided to come up with a new recipe and here it is:


Honey-Dijon Pecan Crusted Salmon

Ingredients:
4 medium-sized fresh salmon fillets
1/4 cup honey
1/3 cup Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons water
1 cup pecan pieces
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/3 cup parmesan cheese
Salt and Pepper, to taste

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Mix honey, dijon, and water together in a small bowl.  Add more water if necessary - you want it to look like a honey-mustard dipping sauce that you might get in a restaurant.

Mix pecans, butter, and parmesan together in a seperate bowl.

Lay salmon fillets on a cookie sheet.  Brush salmon fillets with honey-dijon mixture and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.

Top each salmon fillet with pecan mixture.  Divide the mixture evenly among the four fillets.

Place salmon in a preheated oven for 15 minutes.  Salmon is perfectly cooked when it flakes easily with a fork.

Serve salmon with rice or potatoes, green salad and/or a steamed green vegetable - YUM!

Cottage Mama's Note: The topping for the salmon would be delicious on many varieties of fish including tilapia or halibut.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...