Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, April 4, 2011

Let's Take A Vote...Girl's Wallpaper

Oh the joys compromise...I get asked a lot if I have free rein when it comes to decorating my own house and the answer is no. I do ask for Patrick's input/opinion a lot and trust me, he has one. Now there are definitely times when those go in one ear and out the other. When I know he will love something in the end and just doesn't have the vision for it at the moment I might just go ahead and do it anyway...ahem. Which brings us to the nursery. I found this wallpaper when looking for a client right before we found out we were pregnant (we don't know yet what we are having)...
I LOVED it and filed it away to use in the future...I just didn't know where because it is on the funky side and needs a special home. Then when we found out we were having a baby it popped right into my mind (and is probably the reason I feel like we are having a girl lately)...
HOWEVER, when I showed it to Patrick it went a little something like this:

Me: What do you think about this wallpaper?
P: Hate it, why?
Me: Because....if we have a girl I am thinking about using it in the nursery
P: Ughhhhh, No.
Me: WHYYYYYYYYYYY??????????
P:No.
Me: I need a better reason...
P: I don't like floral wallpapers.
Me: But it isn't really a true floral in the traditional sense...

This is when we both eye each other and silently call a truce. He is thinking that I have access to thousands of wallpapers and will continue the search and is glad not to have to continue the debate of what is a "floral" wallpaper. I am thinking that I will file this away for now and if we find out it is a girl that I will pull it back out and revisit.
In the end though unless he has a change of heart I won't use this, I can tell he really is not a fan and I want him to love our nursery too.
I do understand this is not a universally likable wallpaper. Which makes me wonder what you all think? Love it or not so much? Don't worry about hurting my feelings, even though I love it I can see both sides.

PS- We find out what we having next week!

Prestigious Textiles Sicily Wallpaper

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...