Pages

Subscribe:

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

fashion on the streets of paris



How often do you look at fashion shoots and think, "not for me!" .....

I find that with my busy days, I'm more comfortable in trousers than skirts or dresses, and in the summer I tend to favour wide legged linen trousers that always fall well.   

But now we are heading back in to autumn and winter,  I am happy for once to conform to current fashion and opt for the tighter fitting skinny jeans and trousers.

This cut is all over Paris at the moment: it looks fun and feminine, and is really practical for rushing around all day.  Easy to dress up or dress down, especially since they work just as well with brogues as high heels!

This picture is great, yet only French high street fashion.   Just love the detail of the leather trim on the suede coat, and the liberty print shirt peeking out beneath a simple cardigan.






Flat shoes in the summer mean ballerines for me, but they aren't so well suited to our wet autumns.  Luckily this season there is a great selection of brogues around.  Below  pairs from Armani, Church and Gucci, but high street can work well too.






And if  you don't have to run for a taxi, or climb too many stairs, then why not try skinny jeans with high heels.








And for the days when I'm feeling really bright and cheerful, I may even tiptoe into my daughter's closet and borrow a pair of flowery skinnies!  Love them!!





How closely do you follow fashion?  Do you just stick to the same style no matter what the magazines are saying, or do you like to find bits from a new season that work for you, and blend into your favourites?  

I'd love to know just how important fashion is to you today; do you think that as we grow older we need to may more attention to current styles and not be left behind, or on the contrary is it the time to say "this is my style and I ain't budgin'!!"  ?






photo 1 thanks to Gala magazine

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...