Pages

Subscribe:

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

a mood board for a silver and white christmas

Many thanks to all you lovely readers who have sent me messages and emails asking for the chestnut ice cream recipe that I hinted at on Monday.   The good news is that I am making them this afternoon so I'll be taking pictures as I go - of course! :) - and I'll put the recipe up on the blog tomorrow.



Today I have been playing with another Christmas table mood board.  If only life were always this simple!  Just set up the lighting, gather together a few goodies that look nice together, choose a suitable backdrop and start snapping!

The theme this time is white and silver (you notice I have still resisted red, but I think that for the next board I'll have to give in).

As a backdrop I used a gossamer light embroidered tablecloth that I have had for years; some silver coloured platters that are useful at this time of year; candles in crystal salt cellars; antique cutlery; white stoneware and a few christmas tree decorations.

Plus of course those feather trees that I adore, but that the rest of the family say look like a drawing by Dr Zeuss - " SO WHAT?! " I reply,  I adore Dr Zeuss too!





So here we go just for fun, a few ideas that anyone can put together  to create a festive mood on the dinner table or as a vignette












and last but never least, a not-very-good shot of the tree, I'll try to take some better pics today.




I hope you're having fun planning your celebrations, be they a huge family meal
or a quiet dinner for two.  Just remember that a little sparkle goes a long way !!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...