Pages

Subscribe:

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

french country life in the snow



With the snow comes the prettiness but also the reality of a country not quite adapted to cope with even a few inches of the white stuff.    Country roads are not cleared or gritted, and few people have snow tyres on their cars so journeys are either postponed or taken slowly.






The days are busy because there is more to do and everything takes longer.  I try to keep an eye on our elderly neighbours,  pick up some shopping for them or just have a chat.  Our horses look fed up, and their water freezes every day so I have to ferry jerry cans of warm water as well as the hay.




School buses are cancelled until the snow melts so I'll be spending a while in my car this week on school runs.



This morning everywhere looked so beautiful.   At the risk of going into snow overkill, I share these shots I took as I drove through the valley.

The sun is bright, it will all melt soon,  carpe diem!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...