Pages

Subscribe:

Friday, February 10, 2012

manoir de berthouville - Normandy home to Boston designer Charles Spada






These wonderful pictures have been doing the rounds I know, so please forgive me if you've seen them already.  But since this house lies quite close to us, I felt I sort of had the right to show them too!



This beautiful and traditional Normandy home dates back to the 17th century.  It has been lovingly and painstakingly restored by the talented Boston designer Charles Spada.  I love his colour palette, not only fashionably today but VERY traditional French for this sort of property.










I don't know how much time Mr Spada spends here but the house looks comfortable and liveable, we have no trouble imagining him entertaining here, or simply enjoying some time out in the calm countryside. 





He has found some serious chandeliers for the house, and they look wonderful in these large rooms.   The leopard print sofa is a coup de maître!







I am sometimes asked how the French feel when a 'foreigner' swoops in and buys a stunning property like this one.  Frankly when you see a restoration of this quality, carried out with such an evident love of French style, I don't see how anyone could possibly object!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...