Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, February 6, 2012

'Sunny Happy Skies' ~ Coordinating Sister Dresses

So, as I mentioned about a month ago, I'm currently working with Riley Blake Designs on their Project Design Team.  And what is really fun about this new adventure is getting to work with lots of pretty new fabric to come up with projects for their blog.  Well, I happened to receive quite a bit more yardage of 'Sunny Happy Skies', so I decided to create two coordinating looks for my girls.


The hat will be a free pattern and tutorial that I will have posted on the Riley Blake Designs 'Cutting Corners' blog tomorrow and the big bow dress will be a free pattern and tutorial that I will post here on the blog for you all later this week!

Here's the dress I created for Miss Savannah:


I wanted to make her something that was loose-fitting and comfy for running around and playing, but still had a bit of whimsy.





I thought about adding rick rack in the collar, but opted for pale yellow piping instead due to the bold print in the main fabric.


I decided to do a zipper in the back of this dress.  I usually prefer buttons, but I had the urge to do a zipper since it had been awhile since I had put one in a dress.  The verdict.........I still prefer buttons.

Here's the dress I created for Miss Matilda (I will share the tutorial for this dress later in the week):




I wanted something really fun for Matilda since she is at such a fun age.  I went with a giant over-sized pocket that I embroidered with 'Oh Happy Day' and trimmed with rick rack.  I also created a large statement bow for the front of this dress.





I love the huge bow in the front of this dress.  And I especially love the fun, striped fabric.  Matilda's favorite color is blue, so I went with that for the main body of the dress.  The straps are simply pre-gathered eyelet.

And finally, here are some pictures of my little ladies........






So, later this week I will post a tutorial so you can make your own 'Happy Day' Big Bow Dress and tomorrow I will be posting a tutorial and free pattern for this hat on Riley Blake Designs:


I hope you all had a great weekend!  Now that I've got these two looks created, I'm off to cut my pattern for something for my little guy.  

Have a great week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...