Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, May 7, 2012

a French farmhouse to restore





If you read my blog now and again you know how I like to encourage you to daydream.

 Here is today's muse.  Just imagine: .....






you have 187,000 spare euros and
a truck load of energy and ideas;
you like to ski;
you like to surf;
you like to live in the country;
you would enjoy life near a small rural French town;
you like good wine...


How are you doing?   OK, if you have ticked more than half of the above then maybe you should take a look at this place.  It's just a shell I know, but at just 1400 square feet it isn't too big and,  most importantly,  it has good bones.  Indoors it will be a very symmetrical lay out, rooms leading off a central hallway and central landing upstairs.




This is an abandoned farmhouse, probably around 150 years old.  It has four main rooms and a lovely sweeping staircase.  Looks like more rooms could be created in the eaves of the roof.



You have to ignore the horrible green walls and think of the same space in a different colourway.



The farm comes with 3 hectares (or over 7 acres) of land, and a view over to the Pyrenees  mountains.



It's within 90 minutes of the surf beaches in Biarritz, and close to the region
producing the delicious Jurançon wine


  and its closest  little town is Nay.



I have never been here, and the house doesn't even belong to anyone I know, I just found something I thought you'd enjoy restoring virtually while you go around your chores today!

If you really wanted to take a look at the place, I suggest you contact the agency directly.

Hope I have helped your week  get off to a good start, I'll be back with something different tomorrow.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...