Pages

Subscribe:

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

a most delicious french country home - in my village!





 Today I was invited to take pictures at the home of a friend right here in our village.  You'll hear more about her later, as I'll be featuring her as one of My Stylish French Girlfriends.   Her name is Estelle and she writes a French blog called Mo by Maurice, but for now .... I think  you are going to LOVE her home!




Her house was built in the late 1800's, and when Estelle and her husband bought it, it was only used now and again as a holiday home.  They had scope for improvement and a ton of great ideas.  Estelle is a great chineuse, and brought to her new home some of her wonderful brocante pieces that she has collected over the years.










The kitchen is in the lovely old verandah, bathed in bright sunshine and a happy place to be.






The absence of doors and the wide spaces in between rooms gives an impression of ease, comfort and légèreté, airiness! 



 She replaced some of the mismatched old tiling with broad wooden flooring but retained the prettiest tiles in the entrance hall.







Estelle is very clever at the details ... her little vignettes are stunning and practical at the same time.  I love these herbs and plants in baskets on the kitchen table ....



  and I adore her tiny hand-written calender.




Voila!  I hope you enjoyed this little tour of a real french country family home, I have a feeling that this one will be popping up quite often on my blog!



                                                                         Bonne journée mes amis!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...