Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, January 24, 2011

Adventures in Potty Training

We interupt our regularly schedule program because today is a big day.........we have officially begun potty training.  I have been dragging my heels about this one for some time now, but it's finally time to get the ball rolling.


Savannah will be three in March, so I figured now was probably a good time.  I am SO nervous about this adventure.  I don't imagine Savannah is going to be one of those "I put big kid underpants on them and, poof, they were potty trained".  No way, not my strong-willed, opinionated little girl.  This is going to take a master plan.

I have never potty trained a child in my life. There is so much advice out there that it makes my head spin.  We certainly can't do the "let them be naked" with the negative degree temperatures going on outside.  So, right now, we are wearing underpants and the little miss gets a small treat for #1 and a lollipop for #2 and we will just have to go from there.

I kind of wish there was a camp she could go to and would be returned to me fully potty trained, but as of yet, none of those exist, so I'm left to my motherly duty of doing it on my own.  And since I kind of feel like you guys are my friends (we're friends, right?), I thought I turn to you and see if you had any advice, tips, tricks, or things that worked for you.  Please, pretty please, help a girl out.........

Wish me luck........this is going to be a wild ride!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...