Pages

Subscribe:

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

{ Restoration Hardware Knock - Off }

Ahh, Restoration Hardware...
your tea stained burlap,
 your salvaged wood,
your weathered oak,
how I love you.
But, I don't love your prices.

Concrete Rectangular Dining Table

Love this concrete topped table.
(although I thought it was a weathered metal when 
I first saw it - so we're goin' with that thought)

Remember our Man-Cave?
and this?


well, I didn't have the $3,325. to shell out to R.H.
So I improvised.

thanks Martha.

with a little dab of this rubbed over top 
of the metallic paint, to gives it a more
weathered look.

and the make-shift pine bar top became this...


it's much better now.
So, what was once a stand-in top 'til we
had more money to purchase something else,
has become a conversation piece and more than just a stand-in
in the Man-Cave.





I added metal brackets to the corners for more of the "Restoration Hardware feel".





linking to -

The Shabby Nest







good one

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...