Pages

Subscribe:

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

{ DIY Tips & Tricks For Thanksgiving }

Today I had the chance to share some tips and tricks for getting your house "Holiday Ready".
Jenn Fredrick from Good Day Philadelphia came to my home to chat a little about things you can do that have big impact and little money to prepare for the upcoming entertainment season.

So, if you didn't catch the show I thought I'd share a little here...
my fav. The rustic table setting.


with fresh cut black walnut chargers


I added stripes of black striped burlap webbing from burlapfabric.com


I tied the silverware up with a black toile napkin, and some springs of pine nestled in a paper cone.


The place cards are made of vintage book paper and logs. I drilled a tiny hole into small logs and inserted a twisted wire to hold the name card.


I added these paper ornaments to the back of the chairs for an extra little pop.


In the center of the table I placed glittered and paper wrapped candles on a silver tray with pine cones and logs sprinkled around about.


Another centerpiece I showed was this one made from mostly vintage Christmas balls.


An easy trick to add some interest to your food display is to add different heights.

we ate all the cheeses while filming.



We added a drink station for kids too.


So easy, which by the way, I need to stop saying.
Gallons of cider poured into a glass container.
Piles of country fabric.
Apples and pears galore.


A simple hand written sign.


And mason jars with brown and white striped paper straws.


The mantel needed to be spruced up a little.So I added a few things.


like these mason jars filled with green lentils.


See anything you'll try for turkey day?


See where I get LOT's of inspiration - my pinterest page

Also, if your an upcycler, don't forget the contest we have going on...
sharing at
Saturday Nite Special link party via Funky Junk Interiors

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...