Pages

Subscribe:

Saturday, November 10, 2012

turquoise for an autumn vignette








The day is fairly grey here and this morning I badly needed a shot of colour.  A quick tour of the garden revealed that very few blooms have survived our early frosts, so I knew that I'd have to rely on what I had to hand.




I quickly assembled some of my favourite objects in the house, painted trays, old and frayed books, a small oil painting and of course some jugs.

I don't know why jugs are so easy and such fun to collect, but people world over seem to assemble them on shelves, in groups, or on their table.  A jug can be mismatched, can be unique, it can even be chipped, it still holds its charm.

I tried to use some turquoise pieces to match the colours of the old books.






The simplest flowers: rusty hydrangeas and the very last dahlias and that is it.  My entrance hall looks a little more welcoming for the weekend.




Even Ghetto was willing to pose in the vignette, so it can't all be bad!






and on another note ....

new in the store today ...





teacloth runner
metal stencils
monogram plaques





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...