Pages

Subscribe:

Friday, June 3, 2011

Hello 30, I Have Been Expecting You

Tomorrow I turn the big 3-0 and that is just fine by me. I started this decade of my life as a junior in college and I end it in such a different place it is crazy to think about. Looking back: There was the last year of college and graduation which seems like a lifetime ago. Somewhere in there I called a lot of places home: Oxford, MS, New York, Destin, Vail and Memphis before landing here in the 'Ham for the last 5 years. I was lucky enough to start dating Patrick at 22 and we made it through a lot (very long distances at times) but we have had so much fun together through it all. There was a lot of travel, most to see friends around the country, some more exotic-Africa, Chile a few times including Patagonia and Peru. After moving to Birmingham and working for the best mentor, life brought me my next big adventure- starting my own company. Who would have thought something could be so hard and yet insanely rewarding at the same time. I don't think the past decade could have possibly been more fun or exciting. It has been a wild 10 years and one of the best parts has been the friends I have made along the way. (I had plans to post a series of pictures throughout the years but that would involve more scanning than this girl has time for at the moment)





But as my ole pal Tom Petty says, "It is time to move on, time to get going, what lies ahead I have no way of knowing". My 20's have ended with a very settled and happy exsistence and I look forward to continuing that into my 30's. I love our little house, our quaint neighborhood and our easy going ways and routines. I can't believe how far the business has come and I can't wait to see where it goes. I spent the majority of my 20's with Patrick and I can't wait to spend next decade (plus) with him. And last but not least I can't wait for the changes that are awaiting us come the end of August....





So come on 30, I have been ready for you for a while now. Thank you 20's, you leave me feeling so blessed and very grateful.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...