Pages

Subscribe:

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Nursery, 30 Weeks-She's A Beaut Clark

Today I am 30 weeks. I am pretty sure it is best for a nursery not to look like this at this point- as in nothing has been done. What if I told you this is actually after I cleaned this room this weekend? After yesterday you are probably beginning to think I am messy, but really I promise I usually am not. Once the office moved out of the house this room became the momentary junk room and I am not going to lie, it was nice while it lasted. But now we are in our 3rd trimester and it is time to kick things into gear.So this past weekend we made a step in the right direction. Taaa daaaa, our new rocker. Taking a line from one of our favorite movies I found this chair on Craigslist and promptly e-mailed it to Patrick under the title, "She's A Beaut Clark". He did not seem to see what I saw.

However, being a good, supportive husband he drove with me an hour on Sunday to check it out and low and behold look what left (craigslist) grandma's dining room and came home with us. Initially I was not planning on buying a rocker to recover, gliders these days are so ridiculously comfortable it is hard to think about other options. But the ones I really liked were all on the (too) high end for our budget and I liked the lines, arms and tufting of this chair. Also, I am excited about getting to use our own fabric and this one is very comfortable as well.

Not that the fabric will be anything wild and crazy. Currently I am thinking a solid grey/linen something with a darker welt but we will see.....


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...