Pages

Subscribe:

Thursday, June 9, 2011

my education - in cheese!

When I was a young student, lucky enough to find myself on the Cote d'Azur for  a year and enjoying my tiny little flat on avenue Shakespeare in Nice, I used to love shopping at a nearby street market.  As a single girl I didn't need much of a food budget, but I wanted to know more about French cheese.

And there began my education!   A fromager on the market decided to remedy .....

He led me through the goats cheese of the South of France, the full flavours of the Auvergne, the soft texture of a good Brie, and explained the difference between a Bleu d'Auvergne and a good Roquefort.  All that is normally leant in everyday French family life.  Wonderful!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...