Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, September 17, 2012

my home almost famous!!






Well I just have to tell you that we very nearly had our moment of fame and excitement here in Normandy.    The French film director Luc Besson has started filming a new movie starring among others Robert de Niro and Michelle Pfeiffer.

He was looking for a house that could be used as home to the main characters.  Besson wanted two buildings not too far from each other and guess what?!  His team came and looked at my house and guest cottage!!!  They hummed and haaa-d and took pictures and considered angles etc,  and although they finally decided they had better options, it still caused a little flurry of excitement here.

They are currently filming west of us in Normandy, maybe they chose one of these pretty homes.

I understand that if our house had been chosen, they would have emptied it, stored our furniture, refurnished and redecorated and put us up at a hotel.  After the filming I think you get to keep what paint work you want and request for the rest to be restored as was!  

Just wondered, have you ever turned your home over to a film crew?  I've heard good and bad experiences.   Would you consider it,  Tell me please, I'd love to know ....










0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...