Pages

Subscribe:

Friday, September 28, 2012

time to re-invent yourself?











We all come to turning points in our lives, often provoked by a change of circumstances:  getting married;  a new career; a divorce; a change  of health; simply moving house ....  there are many situations that provide us with  an opportunity to re-invent ourselves.  





Some of you may know that I started writing this blog at a turning point in my life.  My youngest child left primary school and suddenly my role as a full-time hands-on mum became part-time.  It was a shock! 




I found myself at a loose end.  A friend introduced me to the world of blogging.  I quickly began to enjoy the writing and the interaction with readers, never for a moment suspecting all the other doors that the blog would open for me.


 

Because that is surely the beauty of a period of change.  We find ourselves being gently coaxed, or even outright shoved onto a path we hadn't planned to tread.  From there it is up to us how we react.   Keep looking forward, eager to discover new territory and new friends.  Or continually looking over our shoulder, regretting the familiar places we left behind and longing to get back.




photo by Jeanne from Collage of Life - thank you Jeanne!



 I've noticed that it is easy to see life in 'sections'.  To each part of our life belong particular pleasures, particular joys, particular duties.  The more we manage to live each stage of our path to the full, the less regrets we have when we move onto the next step.  

I'm not in a hurry to grow any older, nor to move on from this 'section' in my life,  but I do have a growing list of things I am looking forward to doing in about 20 years time.





 The bottom line is  we only have one life.  And only we can live it.  Family and friends may shape us but they can't live our life in our place.  And it's not because we re-invent ourselves that we leave them behind.  The more fulfilled we are, the better a person we can be for them.

So how do you feel?  Are you already at a crossroad?  Do you feel you are ready to reinvent yourself?    then I would humbly say "go for it!".    Change can feel scary or exciting, it's up to us.  One things is for sure, unless we walk that new path, we'll never know where it's going!

Thank you for reading me, hope your week is going well.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...