Pages

Subscribe:

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

the soft autumn bouquet








In a few weeks time, when the only flowers to be found will be strident and bright, assembling bouquets will require nerves of steel or a stiff drink, or possibly both.  But for now there is still some gentleness to be found.  Pinks merging with greens, whites fading gently.  Roses may tinged by an overnight rain ... no matter there is still beauty in them.








Here is what I found this morning: my climbing hydrangea that is offering its very last petals, the last pierre de ronsard roses, a little sedum, white cosmos, pinky green hydrangea and best of all  my all time favourite dahlia - huge, creamy white tinged with the slightest hint of pale pale salmon.  How I wish I had planted more of this one!





 Hope you enjoy, my gift to you to brighten your Tuesday!




























0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...