Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, September 24, 2012

the giverny loot shoot





 Yup, Giverny is where I went to shop today, the fair started in the streets before dawn and I was there, flash light in hand, looking for goodies. and when the sun came up and I needed a pause from brocante I slipped into the gardens of the impressionist museum and immersed myself into my favourite 'white garden'.



Here are a few things I saw at the fair but didn't buy, that includes the little pup above, he was so cute, tied up to a vendors chair, but really really wanting to trot down the street after us!

















 










 And here is what I did bring home, pharmacy bottles, unused old linen; a cool leather postman's satchel;  a silver plate water pitcher;.............






 a length of unused dishcloth fabric, dated and perfect for a table runner;






this perfect sized bottle dryer, that I actually found for a friend visiting from Australia;  
and behind it the most amazing roll of 19th century wall paper.... 




this wallpaper is rather wonderful - scratching my tiny brain for ways to use  - what would you do with it?




more white flowers when the going got tough!






 the sweetest egg carrier;





 a pile of old school books and notes from biology lessons, dated 1903!









I have my favourite out of this lot, but tell me please, which is yours?!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...