Pages

Subscribe:

Saturday, August 6, 2011

a french love affair


I have to share a secret with you - I am celebrating a special anniversary, It was 30 years ago today  (oh dear, did I just say 30?! - of course I was extre-e-e-emely young at the time) that I first arrived  in France as a young student.    And yeah, I guess I have to admit it, 30 years that I have a love affair with France and the French.



Of course I have my moments when I moan, but there's a whole 
load more that I love.  So today is a day for mentioning a 
few of the things that I love in everyday life in France




I love it when little children greet adults with a 
"bonjour Madame" and a proffered cheek for a kiss



I appreciate  the open mindedness and tolerance of the French. 

I love to shop at the  markets



I love the roofs of  Paris and the variety of 
beautiful countryside and coastline


I love the everyday importance of good food, 
taking your time and enjoying simple pleasures

I love the individuality of the French and their
disregard for what others think of them

I love the differences between regions, .....

and of course, last but never least I love
my French husband, and children, 
our house and home 




Merci La France


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...