Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, August 29, 2011

yesterday's loot shoot and a small country town






Yesterday morning found me up early , driving through open fields as the  sun rose.  I wasn't alone, we have lovely Dutch guests in our cottage and Esther decided to come along for the ride and hopefully find some treasure of her own.

For once the best fair was in a small town.  I generally prefer to treasure hunt in fields, but with the recent rain, dry road offered its advantages.



I forgot to take pictures of the fair, these shots were in the quiet roads leading back to where our car was parked.



Pickings were fairly good and I think that Esther was happy with her share.  I let her snap up any linen we saw and helped her negotiate the prices.   She was particularly happy with the old baskets we found for her, and for the beautiful piece of sculpted wood.




I am in love with the old Provençal hat that I found, it's hanging on a wall downstairs, elegant and feminine.


Also pleased to find these balls of old linen string, the sweet inkwell and the turquoise siphon.




the metal moulds in this shot would have been used for cheese making, probably goats cheese in this shape.  Today they are fun for small plants, or for candles as the light shines through the holes onto the table around.


More little 'perigordine' glasses, but you know I love these for individual flowers on a table.



Maybe the most unusual piece I found was the patented copy binder, brought out for the Universal Exhibition of 1889, the same year as the Eiffel Tower.



I hope you all had a great weekend.  Special thoughts to any readers in the States affected by the hurricane, hope you're all safe.  Also special thoughts to those of you in Australia who are enjoying the first moments of Spring as we begin to pick up the scent of Autumn.

Have a good week!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...