Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, August 22, 2011

yesterday's loot shoot (modest but fun!)







Call me an addict if you wish, it would probably be justified ...  since yesterday morning I was up before dawn and off with a friend to hunt down more treasures.  After heavy rain in the night, the day gradually lifted to bright sunshine and I was happy to discover villages I had never visited and to root around picking out my favourite pieces.  A couple of hours bliss and still home in time for breakfast with the family!








I found some linen that pleased me, and some interesting historical documents.   But I think that my favourite items are the primary school teaching cards, showing maps of the world all in French, and wonderful vintage designs for teaching children how to read.

I am listing all the maps and reading cards in the brocante store.  Here they are shown in their frames, but they will be sold  unframed and posted  in a cardboard tube.
I just love the way the names on the maps are in French and the words in red show each area's speciality.


more spelling cards here


more maps here


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...