Pages

Subscribe:

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

ce mercredi je mange ... a raspberry millefeuille



The garden is producing raspberries at the moment, jam is  happening, pavlovas regularly devoured, but I have to save some for a millefeuille aux framboises!




I make my millefeuille as simply as possible, which means using a ready made puff pastry - life really is too short to make your own puff pastry! - a home made creme patissiere and fresh raspberries.

I roll the puff pastry out to a large rectangle and cut that into three long thin rectangles, all the same size.

These I sprinkle with a little sugar and bake in the oven until golden brown, then flip them over, re-sugar, and quickly toast on the underside, the extra sweetness to the pastry is appreciated.


I make the same creme patissiere as I use in the strawberry tart recipe.


To make the creme patissiere I heat 1 litre of milk in a pan with a split vanilla pod.  While it's heating mix in a bowl 6 egg yolks, 1/3 cup flour and 1/2 cup sugar.  Pour the hot milk over the eggs and sugar mix then pour back into the pan and stir gently until the cream starts to thicken.  Watch this carefully, it doesn't take long.   Pour back into the bowl and leave to cool.


Once this cream is cool I beat up a very small amount of  fresh cream until fairly thick and mix the cream into the creme patissiere.  Leave in the fridge until ready to assemble the tart.




To assemble the tart place a rectangle of pastry on a serving plate and spread some creme patissiere over.  Second layer of pastry, second layer of cream, then a neatly positioned layer of raspberries.  Topped with a layer of pastry and dusted with a little icing sugar.

If you are too worried about this collapsing when it is served you could pre cut your pastry into individual sized pastry shapes and mounting each person's serving one at a time.

I'm sure you are saying, "but why hasn't she told us how many raspberries, how much pastry?!!", Sorry!  For one thing the day is a little speedy today, and for two I'm confident that you can all guess that one pack of good quality puff pastry and a medium sized bowl of raspberries should do it !! :)

Bon appetit !!
and thank you so much for reading my blog !


Thanks to Notrefamille.com for the photos

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...