Pages

Subscribe:

Thursday, August 18, 2011

loot shoot in provence







I may have been on holiday last week, but nothing could have kept me from the Provençal brocante fairs.   Up early, soaking in  the very special light in the south of France and rooting around in tiny village  fairs





I cam back with some great findings, to the despair of my family, who - all considered - proved extremely understanding, and gave me all the help I needed to pack and haul the treasures safely home.





I found sets of glasses, tarnished sliver cutlery and trays,  cut glass and crystal dishes and salt cellars;





I love these delightfully small bird cages, used traditionally in Provence by hunters





Linen, but you can't be surprised by that!  I found some beautiful quality linen sheets, and some metis sheets still in their original packing - unused, and this FANTASTIC piece of ticking, that Ralph Lauren would be proud to include in a collection!





There is of course, more, and  it will be in the brocante store soon so please don't hesitate to get in touch if you are interested in anything.

Thank you for the interest you continue to show in my brocante finds.  I shall be listing the new items as soon as possible.   Today unfortunately   I am having some computer trouble GRRR,!  but - unless I throw the ....... machine out the window this evening (which frankly is not impossible!)  - I hope to be working normally tomorrow and to start listing items then.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...