Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, August 8, 2011

From Grandma with Love.........Claira the Pig


I knew my mom was working on something special for Matilda's 2nd birthday, but when Matilda opened up "Claira the Pig", I could not believe my eyes.  Total and complete adorableness! 


This pig doll is named "Claira" and was made from Heather Bailey's pattern "Claira and Clancy Pig Dolls".  Mom put her own twist on the pattern with her use of fabrics, trims and buttons.  The details in this doll are amazing!

 
I am in love with the eyes and the little eye lashes.  Also the sweet flower next to the ear is another special detail that makes this doll one-of-a-kind.


The doll pattern comes with boy and girl clothing options which makes it a great gift for a boy or girl.  The long, skinny legs with the bloomers are totally adorable.  I could seriously eat this doll up!  I didn't get a picture of it, but the arms are attached with buttons so they can move up and down. 


Matilda is one lucky little girl because mom made the clothing for this doll from Kate Spain's "Terrain" line that has yet to be released - she is SO cutting edge.  She used some fat quarters from the bundle that she picked up at the sample spree at quilt market.  This fabric will be released in September 2011.

As you know, I just love handmade gifts and this one is no exception.  I really should have taken a picture of Matilda with Claira because the doll is quite large and is 3/4's of her size.  I love seeing her walking around with Claira's long skinny legs wiggling around.  Matilda has added Claira to her nightly sleeping buddy collection along-side Elmo and her little lamb.

Hmmmm, wonder if Mom will be making one of these for little man too once he arrives?  I think Claira might need her Clancy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...