Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, April 23, 2012

kitchen design - the hood

via Belgian Pearls


Without wanting to put you off reading MFCH by giving you an overdose on reality, I have to tell you that the thing I hate doing most in my kitchen is cleaning the hood over my stove.  UGH, UGH and double UGH!

The easiest solution for never having to clean the kitchen hood is to simply stop cooking, but I mooted the idea here and it wasn't met with great approval so I have to move on to more clever options



With the impending and 10-year-overdue (did I already mention that?) kitchen remake here, the right design for a kitchen hood is concentrating my mind.




I'm thinking that at least if the thing could look almost elegant, then I may be reconciled to cleaning it with a smile, well OK a less broad smirk at least.




So what are your thoughts on the matter?   Do you favour the glass hood over the island, the sleek shine of steel, the traditional stone work ..... or




are you like me and do you prefer above all else a huge fireplace over the stove, as in the kitchen of our friends at the  Château d'Emalleville, which as you may remember happens to be one of my favourite (real) kitchens in the world .. well Normandy at least!




If you have a moment to give me your secrets on living in harmony with your kitchen hood, I would be happy to read and learn from every word,   merci mes amis!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...