Pages

Subscribe:

Saturday, April 14, 2012

this week we are eating - individual fruit crumbles



Life feels fairly busy at the moment, with quite a lot of entertaining. The way we love it!

I'm always pleased to have a quick solution for a home made dessert, and recently I found a short cut (which has probably been used by millions of cooks for years except that I didn't know!).

Individual fruit crumbles provide  a dessert idea that really can be ready to go 
in a few minutes and cook happily in the oven while you enjoy the main course.

When I make a crumble, I always make extra crumble mix and keep it in a sealed box 
 in the fridge.  It keeps very well for up to two weeks.  You'll see from the recipe below that,
 besides the butter, it is only dry ingredients anyway.

So when I have a last minute dinner to cook for, I simply pull out some small moulds.  I fill the moulds to two thirds with fruit.  This can be apple or pear freshly peeled and diced and sprinkled with sugar, or possibly some red fruit mix (from the deep freeze) warmed through with sugar.

On top of the fruits I heap a couple of spoons of crumble mix and bake into the oven at 190° for about 15-20 minutes.  Voila!  This could not be easier, but being served in these little pots makes for faster cooking and maximum wow factor!

Look below the next picture for my crumble mixture recipe.
Bon appetit!




To make enough crumble for 12-16 individual moulds I whizz together in a mixer:

250 gr (1 good cup) cold butter
250 gr (2 cups) plain flour
125 gr (2/3 cup) sugar
125 gr (2/3 cup) ground almonds
pinch of salt





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...