Pages

Subscribe:

Thursday, April 5, 2012

the home made flower display



I love being offered a bouquet of flowers.  Guests arriving for dinner can always make me smile with a few roses or a posy of tulips.  A dear friend, a real gentleman, has flowers delivered to my door in the afternoon before a dinner, and that has to be the ultimate courtesy.





But for all the pleasure I get from a lovely bunch of fresh blooms, I may secretly enjoy them more in the following week, when some flower heads begin to fade and the bouquet is taken apart.




Because sometimes all it  takes to make a table look special is a few simple flowers and an assortment of interesting containers.











In these pictures I display flowers in old stone bottles, vintage jelly moulds, a jam pot and my favourite old cups.  Set against a backdrop of an old tureen or a pile of old books.  Takes a few minutes  and adds a little weekend interest to a table in the entrance hall.




How about you, do you have a favourite flower container, do you use stuff
 that wasn't originally designed for flowers?

Wishing you a wonderful weekend, celebrating Easter, or simply enjoying friends and family.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...