Pages

Subscribe:

Sunday, June 17, 2012

an eventful weekend and a loot shoot full of copper




 Well it was a busy and unexpectedly eventful weekend here.  There was good and bad, and there was also very very good and very very bad .........






 while I show you pictures of my loot shoot, I shall explain what happened ...



charming vintage clock


a beautiful painting



the cutest individual copper cake moulds



a huge rectangular copper pan



hotel silver butter dish and two tiny canisters bought by my friend

vintage canisters







shabby chic kitchen hooks




So  back to my weekend ...... first the lovely bits:

 a close friend came to stay for the weekend, 

the sun came out;

we had some favourite friends here for dinner on Saturday;

new and  delightful guests arrived in our cottage;

the fairs were not too bad


the not so good bits :

I didn't get enough sleep;

my girlfriend and I didn't find the time to set off with our easels 
and paint together as we had programmed;

I ate too much!


and the very very very bad bits:

young Quick, the newest member to our family, and who I have only briefly mentioned here, fractured a front leg on Friday, and although it isn't bad enough to pronounce him "lost", it does means keeping him practically immobile in a stable for about three months.    We are dreadfully sad, and full of regret although it was an unfortunate accident that could not have been foreseen.

Normally our horses live in a field, and are checked on each day, but being in a stable will mean at least twice daily cleaning out; food and water and generally a close eye kept on him ......  just when I was wondering what  to do with my spare time :)  ...... 





 I know that in the great plan of things, one horse's leg may seem trivial, but his injury is serving as a reminder of the importance of each one of us, and how our well-being, or the events in our life, affect our near and dear.


I hope that you enjoyed a safe, relaxing and happy weekend
Thank you for reading me!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...