Pages

Subscribe:

Sunday, June 24, 2012

guess what! my loot shoot includes a ......!



Guess what I got today?   A bed!!  Did I need another bed?  No, absolutely not, but oh dear, I just love these old upholstered beds with the rounded ends and fancy trim.

SO over the next couple of weeks,  - in between welcoming our guests, weeding the garden, writing the blog and caring for Quick's fractured leg - I guess I shall have some fun renovating this baby.

Do you remember the last time I upholstered a French bed, I even took photos in the garden before setting it up in our guest cottage.




 I think I'll use similar colours and fabric on this bed, but maybe without the monogram, I'll have to hunt through my old sheets to see what would work best  ....  maybe I'll need your advice!




Anyway,  let me show you the other pieces I found this morning.



I simply adore these old jam pots, they are incredibly thick and heavy.  I use them for my jam as you can see from the jar of home made strawberry conserve in the photo.   These jars never had lids.  To seal them I use paraffin wax, then a simply cellophone cover.  The jam seems to go pretty fast in this house, so that system works fine for us!





A lot of blue-grey-turquoise this morning ... my eyes must have been especially tuned in to that colour.



I really love the books that I found, the creamy terrine, the blue grey footstool and the pretty transferware tureen.








Don't you love this sweet little shell soap dish, nicely chipped and ready to hang on a wall.






 I was really chuffed to find this tiny perpetual calendar, with its numbers and months on cards, ready to be slotted in and out of the box.




In fact I think I was pretty pleased with everything I bought today.  So I'll just ....



show you ...



 a few ...



more shots ....


and also tell you that I saw some of the prettiest houses this morning, I could have stopped the car twenty times or more .. but I didn't, so you just get to see this ivy-covered home outside of which I parked my car  at 5.45 am!





I hope you are enjoying a good weekend, don't hesitate to drop me a mail if you are interested in anything I bought this morning.

Thank you so much for stopping by to see what I had to show you today - you are the best!!



PS  For those of you wondering about the "upside down basket" in front of the old bed in the first picture, it is actually a very old mobile bee hive, used for temporary relocation of bees nests!!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...