Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, July 2, 2012

my dinner table last weekend



Today I bring you pictures of my table laid for dinner with friends this weekend.




Country life is pretty busy at this time of year and I'm afraid that time is running away with me .  I get a day planned out then something unexpected happens.  

 I'm trying to source the hay supply for the horses for next winter, and the wet weather most certainly isn't helping with that one.  Quick is needing much attention during his stable rest, and last night I was even called in to help when a stallion frayed his way into a field of brood mares nearby - UGH , that was not pretty, believe me, and I'm pleased I won't have to cover the subsequent vets fees!





 Apart from that I have children coming and going at home, so fluctuating numbers for meals, which of course I enjoy. 




 So many totally charming and such interesting guests to our cottage, and it's hard to resist stopping to chat.





So all of this is my way of saying that all I can bring you today are pictures of my dinner table last Friday.  Lovely friends invited, lively conversation, good wine.   And on the menu?    Home made gazpacho,  followed by veal in lemon and a creamy risotto, delicious local cheese and peaches in wine with rosemary for dessert.





Down the centre of the table, I tried out a new idea:  little pots filled with moss and with candles,  lined out on a long plate and surrounded by sprigs from the rose climbing over our gate.  Seemed to work quite well, I'll be trying variations on that one.

Hope that your week is getting off to a good start, thank you for finding the time to stop by here.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...