Pages

Subscribe:

Sunday, July 1, 2012

this week's loot shoot : pink and flowery







This morning's loot shoot reveals itself in pale pinks and blues, with a sprinkling of tiny liberty style flowers.  I bought some of the loot yesterday, and some today, in a series of fairs.




I think my three favourite pieces are the mannequin, the little pink jacket that is probably an old piece of theatre costume and my chandelier. 












 But there again, I am more than fond of  the chandelier and wall appliqué that I found, as well as this wonderful old wooden box, originally used to hold toiletries for a 'pensionnaire' meaning a school boarder.




 and this little blue alarm clock, and the match box in the same powder blue









Lots of tiny pastry moulds, and a nice desk calendar with the months in French;



 and this rather special, small trinket cup.  Standing about 3" high, it's like a wide egg cup. 
 I believe it to be Napoleon III,  around 1880.




 Wherever I go at the moment, I pick up old kitchen whisks;  so charming,




and I like this pair of embossed tin trays, that would be pretty at Christmas time, adding a bit of vintage sparkle.






Thank you to all of you who take a special interest in my loot shoots.  Laying the loot out is so much more fun when I know that other people enjoy it too.

And by the way, several people left me comments or mails asking about pieces last week, but their  addresses were anonymous or no-reply.  You are very welcome to contact me about anything in the loot shoot, but if you would like an answer, please make sure I can get back to you!! :)  Thank you!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...