Pages

Subscribe:

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

the roofs of Paris and other things





I promised you pictures of Paris, and I honestly had every intention of coming home with fashionable pictures of café terraces, beautifully dressed Parisians, the Eiffel tower - but look what happened.  I walk around with my nose in the air, totally hypnotised by the balconies and roof lines.












 Sometimes it's worth slipping off the big boulevards, away from the super chic quartiers, and just taking in the ordinary Paris.  Even after all these years, I still love the slate and zinc roofs, the old wooden shutters, and the Haussmann stone façades.













You'll probably think I've lost the plot here, the picture below is turned on its side!  It is actually a picture of balconies, seen from below.  Sometimes I find that patterns and colours stand out better when a picture is turned on its side or even upside down!.




 This afternoon, I shall try my luck at a local auction house, you may cross your fingers for me if you wish.  There are some lovely paintings in the sale, and a large painters easel I seriously covet, but I guess I'm not the only one to have spotted them.  I'll let you know how it goes.





And for those of you who are kind enough to ask, Ghetto arrived safely yesterday, and Gibson was thrilled to see him again.  The tornado returns!!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...