Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, July 2, 2012

Spring Sewing Swap Stuff


I recently participated in a 'Spring Sewing Swap' over at Sewing In No Mans Land.  Did you hear about this?  Basically you just signed up and used three words to describe yourself / your style.  Then we were each paired up with someone and given only their name, shipping address and their three descriptive words.   We weren't give a dollar value to send.  You were just supposed to send a package that you would like to receive in the mail yourself.  I thought this just sounded like such a neat idea.




I quickly sent my package out prior to heading to quilt market.  I should have taken a picture, but I didn't have time.  I sent a bunch of different trims, a fat quarter bundle of fabrics, and several The Cottage Mama Sewing Patterns.

Then a week or so later, I received my package in the mail in return from the person I was paired up with for the swap.  I can't tell you how excited I was ~ I was like a kid on Christmas!



My swap buddy sent me the most beautiful bag of trims, packaged up so beautifully.  To be honest, I can't remember what three words I used to describe my style, but she hit the nail on the head.  And then she sent these beautiful summery fabrics.  I actually had no eyelet in my stash, so this was such a pleasant surprise.  She included two hand-knit hats for the girls that she made herself.  We absolutely love these hats to pieces.  I don't have pictures of the hats because the girls love playing with them for dress up so they were off in one area of the house or another when I was taking these pictures.


I'm thinking I might challenge myself to make an outfit for one (or both of the girls) out of this grouping of sewing loveliness.  What do you think?  Do you think I can do it?  I don't think it should be very hard since everything she sent is beautiful.  But it might be kind of fun to see what I come up with.

Anyway, I just wanted to share this beautiful package with you all.  And say a BIG GIANT thank you to my swap buddy!

Have you every participated in a swap before? 
If so, did you love the package that was sent your way?  

This really was so much fun.  I would definitely sign up for another one in a heartbeat!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...