Pages

Subscribe:

Thursday, January 19, 2012

blogging - a procrastinator's dream





Yesterday afternoon had been set aside in my mind to make some cushions.  It was cold outside, the dog was asleep, my emails were up to date, the children at school until 6, even the house was clean and  tidy.  No excuses, I could settle down in my sewing room and have time to make the pillows I have promised  my daughter for her bedroom





You can tell where this is going can't you .............  Before I start sewing with vintage fabrics I always spend time checking for marks or flaws, experimenting with complimentary patterns and matching the cuts of fabric to produce the best result.







 Well yesterday, the fooling-around-with-fabric took over from the real-task-at-hand and an hour later I was having such fun that I had even got out the camera.   So once I had the camera going, I just had to tidy all the shelves and sort the threads, and arrange the pins on the pincushion ..... and lo and behold I ran out of time to actually make anything at all.

But excuse me! ...  I do have a blog to write after all.





Yes, that is the advantage of being a blogger, that even procrastination
can be justified if it results in a couple of pictures


 I hope your day is going well, and that you - unlike myself - will
finish the day with a tidy list of chores all ticked off, done and dusted.





PS to my daughter:  don't worry honey, you'll get your cushions!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...