Pages

Subscribe:

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

early this morning in our valley



Up and about early this morning, another thick frost on the ground, I took my camera with me.  All along our valley there are small stone built villages, each with a church.   Many villages have a small château somewhere central  and they all have an old 'lavoir' or communal washing stand on the river, where the women used to take their laundry.




Of course we have the new builds as well, and they are not always a happy match to the beautiful old stone work, but this morning I could only see the beautiful.



I just love all these tones of winter grey, summer will seem brash after this subtle season.  The slight mist in the air, the lack of leaves on the trees, and this additional frost, makes the countryside look as if viewed in soft focus.










Hope your week is going well
Thank you for stopping by!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...