Pages

Subscribe:

Saturday, January 21, 2012

On my mind.....Life, Love and Joy

For some reason I feel compelled to write today.  As I sit here in my bed trying to recover from a bad sinus infection and a double ear infection, I cannot feel sorry for myself.  I cannot feel sorry for myself because I am blessed beyond words.  I am blessed with overall good health, my family, the roof over my head, food on my table, my beautiful babies, my incredible husband, my friends and just life in general.

Ever since Ashley of Lil Blue Boo posted her 'Right of Passage' video on her blog, I can't seem to get her, her family or the video out of my head.  Have you been following her 'Cancer Chronicles'?  If not, I encourage you to visit her blog and start from the beginning of her journey.  I will let you read her entire journey for yourself, but whether or not you have been through anything like this, her attitude is awe inspiring.

I think her story speaks to me because that person going through cancer could very well be me.  We are of similar age, both with young children, both in the prime of our lives and the idea of what she is experiencing is unimaginable.  My heart aches for her.  I want so badly to jump through my computer screen and hug her.  The fact that Ashley manages to 'choose joy' during this difficult time is just amazing.  I can only hope that if I was dealt the same hand of cards, that I would 'choose joy' as well.  I love her positive outlook and her 'can do' sort of attitude.  With every challenge she faces, she continues to go through life looking at the glass as half full.

Ashley has received emails questioning her truthfulness about her experience because she is so positive.  Is she keeping it real?  They are wondering about her fear and her pain.  Maybe that is in the back of her mind, but she is choosing to live life and choosing to focus on joy in her current situation.  And I just love it!  I think we need more people in the world that focus on the joy in life.  What good does it do anyone to live in the negative?

I have often been criticized for living life in such a positive manner.  For not 'keeping it real'.  I know that seems kind of weird (and it actually feels weird to write it), but it's true.  People wonder......can she really be that happy?  Sometimes I think misery loves company.  Personally I choose to focus on the joy that I have in my life.  Yes, being a wife and mother and juggling a small business can be difficult and trying at times, but I do the best I can and I try to focus on the good rather than the bad.  Is that keeping it real?  For me, it is.

Have I been through tough times?  Yes, but I choose not to dwell on them and I do not let them control my life.  I have experienced a miscarriage and I have suffered through postpartum depression after the birth of my first child.  But rather than dwelling on the negative in both those situations, I choose to share my story in hopes that others can gain positive support and information through my difficult times.  I am in no way suggesting that if you are going through a tough time that you shouldn't talk about it and share it with others.  We cannot control the cards we are dealt, but we can control the way in which we deal with them.

I do not know what the future holds for Ashley, I can only hope and pray that everything turns out for the best.  But I do know that God has chosen her for this path and journey for a reason.  I'm quite certain He has chosen her to inspire others, to help people not sweat the small stuff and to make us all focus and be thankful for the joy and blessings that we have in our lives.  I don't know about you, but I know that she has caused me to hug my babies a little tighter, kiss my husband a little more and be thankful for the joy that is in my life.

I hope that the next time you are dealt with a difficult situation that you will think of Ashley and will rise up and find the joy that is in this wonderful life that we live.  We all have SO much to be thankful for.  If you know anyone going through a difficult time, share Ashley's story with them........she is such a true inspiration!

And if you are the praying type, I ask you to pray for Ashley.........pray as hard as you possibly can.  I know, I am.

I know I don't come on the blog writing about my personal thoughts and feelings too much, but this year is a little different.  I hope to be able to share some more personal things with you ~ I hope you don't mind the change. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...