Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, January 23, 2012

understated French elegance





I love the quiet understated style of the Belgian interiors.  This house is in France, but near the Belgian border and I have been looking closely at the details.





The rooms are very high, which I don't normally like, but here it seems to work thanks to the clever positioning of oversize mirrors and large, neutral coloured furniture.




In the bathroom another huge mirror has been stood against the wall, giving an exceptional feel to a small room.












The kitchen dining area is my favourite.  I love their choice of flooring; the contrast between the rustic table and the ornate chairs; the glass fronted free standing cabinets and of course the stove! Excuse me... the stove?!!   What a monster! but just think how easy it would be to cook lunch for 20 with a baby like that in the kitchen!

Plus in the kitchen, I love the collection of cake stands arranged  under the island.  They'd make for a lot of dusting but they look fantastic.





What does this style say to you? 




all photos thanks to art and decoration


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...