Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, January 2, 2012

a french address for brocante



While the brocante fairs are put on hold at this time of year, I have to satisfy my craving for finding treasure elsewhere.  Local suppliers are among my favourite haunts, but sometime soon I shall jump in my car and drive to this amazing place for the day.





Up in the north of France, heading towards Belgium is Bruxelles Antiques, where they have taken the concept of a store to a completely different level.   The owners, who are also expert in decoration,  welcome their clients individually and help them in their choice,  To complement the store and  encourage their shoppers  to hang around they have a restaurant on site.









It looks to me like a great place for a day trip with a couple of girlfriends, or maybe I could persuade my husband to take me there for lunch!  But it is over 2 hours from us, he may not leap for joy at that idea!













Voila!  A few images to get us dreaming and moving in the right direction at the start of the year.  I hope you have some fun projects lined up too!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...